Innovations to support the Group’s competitiveness
Imerys introduces new products onto the market every year. "Continuity" innovations, resulting from improvements to the existing range, and "disruptive" innovations, based on the development of new concepts, allow for the product range increase and the Group’s competitiveness.
Innovation and research are the pillars of sustainable organic growth. Imerys’ ability to develop customized solutions for its customers is expressed in all its businesses. Innovations significantly contribute to Imerys’ revenues. In 2016, more than 90 new products were launched.
Innovation to accelerate the Group’s internal growth
In recent years Imerys’ scientists have also designed innovations that help to drive the Group’s development, particularly in high-potential markets:
- C-NERGYTM ACTILION B3 is a new electroactive carbon electrode material for lithium-ion batteries.
- The ImerCare™ Scrub range, based on an engineered perlite. Created as a natural alternative for polyethylene beads in applications such as shower gels, it is ECOCERT certified.
- ImerPlast™, a mineral solution with calcium carbonates enabling the recycling of polyolefins in extruded products.
- Argical Pro, a natural product to protect olives against insect attack.
- Extension of the “Quick Dry™” monolithic refractories range for safer linings (no hydrogen given off during drying) and significantly shorter installation times (faster drying).
Innovation is a precious asset to Imerys. That is why its legal protection is built into the product development process from the outset. These essential Group assets are protected by a bespoke intellectual property policy. Around 3,900 trademarks are registered or in the process of registration and Imerys owns more than 1,800 patents and patents pending and more than 85 industrial and utility models. This portfolio undergoes regular rationalization, which is vital in optimizing its cost. In order to effectively protect its company name, the Group has registered the "Imerys" trademark in 100 countries.