World leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to a great number of industries, ranging from process manufacturing to consumer goods.
The Group draws on its understanding of applications, technological knowledge and expertise in materials science to deliver solutions by beneficiating its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. Imerys contributes essential properties to customers’ products and their performance, including heat resistance, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, adsorption and water repellency.
Imerys meets ambitious targets to develop responsibly, focusing on people, the environment and corporate governance.
Imerys' solutions contribute to the performance of a large number of applications and address four types of use:
▪ functional additives: they are added to the mineral formulation of customers’ products but constitute a minor part of the finished product properties;
▪ mineral components: they are an essential constituent in the formulation of the customer’s product;
▪ process enablers: they are used in customers’ manufacturing processes but are not present in the end product;
▪ finished products: they are used as such, with no subsequent processing by the customer.
The Group is organized around 2 segments, grouping 5 business areas built around our core markets.
▪ The Performance Minerals segment brings together three geographic business areas: Europe Middle East Africa (EMEA), Americas and Asia Pacific (APAC) serving plastics, paints & coatings, filtration, ceramics, renewable energy and paper & board markets;
▪ The High Temperature Materials & Solutions segment regroups two business areas: High Temperature Solutions, and Refractory Abrasives & Construction serving refractory, foundry, metal flow, abrasives and building chemistry markets.