Innovation is at the heart of Imerys growth strategy.
For several years, innovation goals have been factored into our Sustainable Development action plan. These include:
- The development and introduction every year of products with an environmental benefit,
- The measurement, from the design stage, of our innovations’ carbon footprint.
The rise in the number of ideas and opportunities led the Group to allocate significantly more resources to R&D and Innovation.Moreover, a growing share of research expenditure is for work on innovations in new markets for Imerys. The Group introduced 90 new products in 2015. 18 of them offer an environmental benefit, while others improve ease of use.
Our ability to combine minerals enables our customers to make significant, quantifiable improvements, e.g. better controlled, more cost-effective production, lower consumption of expensive raw materials, greater energy efficiency, reduced emissions and environmental impact. We also optimize our own processes to increase our productivity, but also limit our energy consumption and carbon emissions and make better use of natural resources.
Many new Imerys products present an environmental, health or safety benefit.
- TIMREX® C-Therm 011 and TIMREX® C-Therm 012 (Graphite & Carbon)
- Reducing Carbon Footprint thanks to Fiberlink™ 101S (Performance Minerals)
- Lighter and stronger ceramic products (Ceramics)
- Improving the Efficiency of Thermal Power Stations or Incinerators (Ceramics)
- C-NERGY™, a Range of Additives for Lithium Ion Batteries (Graphite & Carbon)
- IMercure™ X10: An Environment-Friendly Wood Coating Additive (Performance Minerals)
- Recycling Calcium Carbonate Tailings (Performance Minerals)