APAC Internal Control Manager
The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionAPAC Internal Control Manager
• Reviews and appraises the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance with procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation. Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard organization assets.
• Coordinates the corporate anti corruption compliance tasks in accordance with Agence Française Anticorruption requirements’
• Draft Accounting & Reporting standard procedures and contribute to process improvement initiatives
• Apply and implement market standard best practices for managing internal controls over financial reporting and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, and assessment and review procedures
• Actively engage with internal audit to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings of the Consolidation, Accounting & Reporting organization and APAC BAs • Create and animate a network of internal control representatives within all CAR clusters and BAs
Title, position in the organization & grading
• Reporting to PM APAC Vice-President Finance & Control, with dotted line to Group Risk & Internal Control Manager
• Position in the organization: L4
• No direct report, however interactions needed with teams across the Group getting an excellent opportunity to build relations.
• Location: Shanghai office (China), Singapore office.
Competencies and experience
● Good knowledge of financial processes
● Demonstrate excellence in business analytics and tools, passion for details ● Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to clearly communicate ideas and recommended action and to be presented at senior level
● The ideal candidate needs to be well organized to prioritize workload, as well as be resilient and calm under pressure. The candidate will need to feel comfortable working independently and happy to take initiative and make decisions.
● Ability to think objectively, have strong ethical standards, high levels of integrity to adhere to regulations and compliance are necessary
● Fluent English
Ideal background/ experience
● Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting related field
● 5 - 10 years of related experience in finance department, good understanding of IFRS
● Prior experience in internal control / internal audit, ideally candidate will be CIA certified
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.