APAC Product Manager -Talc & Kaolin
The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionAPAC Product Manager -Talc & Kaolin
The tasks and responsibilities of the product managers require both managing day-to-day work and taking the lead as project manager: the product manager must be able to navigate between both depending on the situation.
- Ensures efficient sharing of information between all stakeholders within the BA and across BA’s on critical issues related to ‘Product’ growth and profitability
- Aligns product mix and capacities to optimise profitability by understanding key production circuits and assets.
- In conjunction with Market VP’s, manage product portfolio profitability.
- Manage / coordinate / support strategic projects following into his/her mineral portfolio
- Takes the lead on proposing profit optimization actions including where appropriate translating mine/plant balance issues into business opportunities with known risks.
- Support sourcing strategy for the ‘Product’ in coordination with Mine Planning and/or Purchasing. Including ensuring quality is achievable and specifications are based on capability to produce.
- Ensures organic growth ambition is achieved in line with profitability targets
- Leads cross-functional projects related to the ‘Product’ including supporting smooth ramp-up of new products from pilot to industrial phase
- Actively participates in the S&OP process and within the Demand/Supply reconciliation phase
- Contribute to decisions relating to optimisation or structural changes in asset base in order to maintain supply of fit for use product to markets served.
- Responsible for specification settings, process change agreements and rationalisation of products (including packaging changes).
- Leading arbitration within BA’s and liaising with Product Managers of other BA’s to manage routine forecasts and availability of minerals that flow between BA’s and regions.
- In the event of conflict, to prepare detailed analysis based on availability and profitability in conjunction with the Lead Product Manager and propose mediation based on Product Management Principles
- Participate in Product Manager communities within Imerys to share best practice
- Key interfaces: strong partnership to be built with (i) Operations, (ii) Segments, (iii) S&OP Manager; (iv) Purchasing; (v) Finance; (vi) Business Development, (vii) Marketing
-Engineer or Business School
- Strategy / Business Development manager / director
- Product / Project manager / director
- Supply Chain manager / director
- Technical Sales / Senior Application manager
- >5 years experience in cross-functional role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Chinese is a big plus)
Location: China / India
This position will be applicable to local employment terms and conditions.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.