The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionR&D Engineer-Plastic
Provide downstream customer application expertise and laboratory support to research and develop new products for plastics and rubber industries. Develop new applications for existing products, optimize/reformulate existing products for enhancement/new applications, Initiate and lead new product development projects from technical perspective. Manage batch scale-up at the plant level.
1.Supervise the setup/upgrading/day-to-day operation of a plastics and rubber lab facility that serves the APAC region
2.Initiate and lead new application development/reformulation/ advice and leadership for Imerys PM Apac region’s polymer related projects/ products/ customers
3.The position is based in Shanghai, with remote supervision to Technicians/engineers, hands on working in Tianjing lab during travel, travel to customers for field test, communication, attending conferences and seminars.
4.To recommend and coordinate CAPEX equipment selection and purchasing
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide hands-on technical expertise/solutions for all projects relating to plastics and rubber industries as part of the Science and Technology groups based at Imerys Technology Center (ITC) Tianjin
2. Train and supervise the work carried out by technicians/trainees working in the laboratory.
3. Work with the PM APAC marketing and commercial teams to identify NPD opportunities and support growth of all mineral sales.
4. Provide polymer reformulation expertise on customer reformulation and internal projects
5. Bring new ideas and help implement new products and new uses of mineral solutions for industry specific projects.
6. Lead and drive new application development/new products development projects by coordinating with crossfunctions, from ideation to launch
7. Interface with customers and raw material suppliers to keep up to date with plastics and rubber industry developments.
8. Keep up to date with developments in relevant polymer technology and competitive landscape through internally received publications and attending conferences and seminars as necessary.
9. Work within the Imerys Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS
1.Provide training on functionality of all mineral fillers and additives in the relevant polymer systems.
2.Work with other S&T groups within Imerys to coordinate shared projects.
3.Ability to work flexible hours when required.
4.Ability to travel as and when required.
5.Assure level of competence by identifying any suitable professional training requirements.
6.The ability to cover applications outside the polymer industries as needed e.g. Specialities.
1.Master or PhD in polymer material
2.7-10 years (Master) or PhD 5-7 years (PhD) experience in plastic/rubber development.
3.Solid experience in independently leading R&D new formulation/compounding product development projects, from ideation to launch.
4.Strong knowledge in MFG making process
5.Fluent in English
This position will be applicable to local employment terms and conditions.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.