Health & Safety Manager Europe
The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionHealth & Safety Manager Europe
As the mineral specialties provider to shape the world with sustainable solutions, Imerys has a strong commitment to strive for a resilient safety culture and injury-free workplaces, mitigate the hazard exposure and care for people’s wellbeing, manage the environmental footprints and avoid adverse impact in a systemic approach.
Part of the Business Area Refractory, Abrasives & Construction (RAC, approximately 40 sites in total, including S&T facilities in 18 countries worldwide, 4,600 employees and €1.3b revenue). The role is part of the global QEHS team in the RAC BA Center of Excellence, composed of eight QEHS professionals covering all geographic zones.
The BA H&S managers support all aspects of the Imerys Safety System as well as the regulatory compliance in the countries where the Imerys sites are located. This role will directly be in charge of the H&S services to approximately 20 sites in Europe covering 2,000 employees, as well as contractors and other business partners under our operational control. Time to time, this role will also contribute to some global tasks and projects in other regions.
- Reports to the BA QEHS Director, alongside the BA Industrial Center of Excellence, leads systematically the Health and Safety practices towards best-in-class at the operations/facilities across Europe; shares strong accountabilities and delivers high standard of performances via partnership and collaboration;
- Supports the Hub Directors and site EHS Managers in the region to oversee the implementation of the Imerys Safety System and pertinent continuous improvement projects, to positively impact the H&S culture at plants/quarries/S&T facilities with focal initiatives and programs;
- Develops or optimizes the means and the implementation plans to drive compliance and continuous improvements on health and safety targeting an injury-free workplace; in case of any reportable accident / incident, conducts or peer reviews the investigation and root cause analysis, and make close loop follow-up of the improvement action plans with the sites;
- Monitors and review the EHS related KPIs and action plans / dashboards; consolidate and report the regional EHS performance to the management on a regular basis; escalate pertinent issues with professional and pragmatic recommendations when necessary;
- Animates the EHS community in the region with clear rituals and routines; build and develop the EHS network with dynamic engagement, high standard of training and communication; shares and replicates the best practices into the shop floors;
- Organizes the BA cross-review programs in the region, contributes to the BA initiatives by supporting other regions on specific tasks or projects; and participates the Group EHS-related auditing program or other cross-functional team per nomination by the BA industrial management;
- Liaisons with both internal and external stakeholders as a good ambassador, such as the internal working groups, work councils in specific entities, industrial associations, authorities, etc.; facilitates pertinent communication and collaborative initiatives on H&S and corporate social responsibilities;
- Supervises one direct team member; be a role model on EHS, influence, engagement, diversity and collaboration.
- Demonstrated creativity, Inspiring leadership skills and ability to influence others for positive changes in matrix organizations;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage the regional business contacts and interact in a cross-functional and inter-cultural environment;
- Structured, self-motivated and strong commitment to EHS compliance, risk control, continuous improvement and step evolution;
- Master’s degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (such as chemical / environmental / mechanical engineering / other Health & Safety related area) or equivalent education and experience; relevant professional certification as a plus;
- 10+ years’ experience in mining or materials-related industries, with specific experience on multiple-site EHS management in an international context;
- Strong problem-solving and hands-on implementation skills;
- Well organized and capable of multitasking, evaluating and prioritizing a number of projects;
- Capacity to deliver train-the-trainer modules and engage the EHS / Industrial Community on learning on the job; adapting the Group learning material into meaningful programs to the needs of the sites;
- Fluent in writing and speaking in English and any other European language will be a plus (e.g., French and German);
- Proficient in the use of Google Suites, common collaboration tools, social networks and media for efficient collaboration and effective communication;
- Overnight travel is around 40%.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.