Refractory Engineer - R & D
The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionRefractory Engineer - R & D
He/she will manage various Science and Technology projects in order to develop new products and services, increase basic knowledge on refractories and raw materials for application in iron, steel, non ferrous metallurgy, petrochemical, energy industries and others. He/She occasionally assures technical support to the sales and operations departments.
He/she will be responsible for managing the work carried out in the laboratory with the support of one or more technicians, and makes sure that the technical targets are met, the results communicated so that the new products and services can be commercialized.
· Develop new products and / or improve existing products to meet market demands with respect to performance requirements / projections and project costs;
· Interface with raw material companies to identify and evaluate raw materials that are suitable to meet current finished product requirements and future goals;
· Provide technical support, and product recommendations to customers and in-house sales staff;
· Supervise, coordinate and monitor quality control processes, procedures, data and needs with management and quality control personnel;
· Support Sales Team, Technical Team and Customers to troubleshoot product performance and installation issues;
· Create and maintain product literature, such as product data sheets and MSDS;
· Specify, identify and select equipment for various laboratory and field applications;
· Train and supervise research and quality control technicians;
· Assist sales staff in promoting products and building customer confidence in the company;
Projects & programs:
● Set up regular reporting about the progress of the projects and the actions.
● Prepare the industrialisation of the solutions developed with operations or subcontractors.
● Participate to the follow up of the trials of the new products at the customers,
● Instruct and supervise preparation of customer samples and optimization after customer feedback
● Operational assistance to plants
● Help segments teams troubleshoot and perform post-mortem analysis when it is possible,
● Observe and follow the evolution of the products making market / competition on the technical point of view (patents and scientific articles)
● Consolidate the basic and fundamental knowledge about market making refractories and associated raw materials
● Use of appropriate tools and methods as well as development and implementation of new processes/methods to improve the current knowledge and way of working
● Captures own knowledge and findings in proper technical reports / memo's and shares with colleagues and others
● Organize meetings and prioritize multiple projects
● Actively implements and drives the improvement of safety procedures following safety protocols, and is a role model for the colleagues
● Organize and supervise safe and clean working environments (5S), maintenance in the area of responsibility and ensure improvements
External network & scientific contribution:
● Preparation of papers, new proposals, etc., and presentation at conferences / congresses / seminars
● External collaborations and networking to share and extend know-how
● Support on specific organizational topics such as Audits, communication with authorities, etc.
Problem solving and technical excellence:
● Has distinguishing technical expertise; has broad knowledge of principles, practices & procedures in the field of specialization.
● Develops extensions to accepted research methods; may develop new research methods; extends knowledge and technology into new application areas.
Successful US-based candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before the employment start date unless exempted by applicable law.
Education and Experience requirements
- Minimum 2 years experience in refractory applications
- University degree in Ceramics or Material Sciences, with knowledge of analytical tools
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.