The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionProject Engineer
Based at our manufacturing plant in Marble Hill, GA, Imerys is hiring a Project Engineer. In this role, your primary job purpose is to develop, engineer, and analyze process systems and technology for improving efficiencies on existing systems or new processes. In this role, the Process Engineer is expected to 1) quantify and communicate process technology to Management, Production, Maintenance, Administrative, and Plant Personnel, 2) troubleshoot production issues, 3) supervise and perform plant trials, 4) directly participate in the commissioning of process technologies, and 5) participate as required on internal or customer process improvement teams.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, organize, and supervise process related laboratory and plant trials and experiments.
- Evaluate process equipment and process flows for plant expansions, operations efficiency improvements, cost savings, new product developments, and Best Manufacturing Practices.
- Develop and effectively communicate process technologies from concept to production and ensure successful commissioning.
- Perform and communicate process assessments and audits.
- Participate as a Team Member in related Safety, Environment, Quality, Production, Maintenance, and Engineering Projects as a Process Engineering resource.
- Manage and prioritize various projects to meet or exceed budget and timeline expectations.
- Assist company Technical, Quality, and R&D departments as a resource for both internal and external customer assistance as required.
- Best Practice development and execution at numerous sites within Hub.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
Education and Experience requirements:
- BS, Chemical, Mechanical, Metallurgical, or Industrial Engineering
-Successful US based candidates must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before the employment start date unless exempted by applicable law.
- Entry level, internship experience in industrial environment preferred
- Project Management Experience
- Experience in Carbonate and/or Clay field, wet or dry process.
-Technical Project Management and Plant Operations Experience are preferred.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
- Proficiency in Engineering, Chemistry, and Math
- Process knowledge in mineral processing, mineral process chemistries, process control, plant automation and quality techniques.
- Experience with ISO quality standards preferred.
- Proficiency in Project Management, experimental design, process statistics, and problem solving techniques. Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and other manufacturing analysis techniques.
- Communication skills including technical writing and presentation.
- Interpersonal skills that enable a good rapport with management, scientists, engineers, technicians, and plant personnel.
- Skilled in financial assessment and budget management.
- Field work is performed in typical industrial laboratory and process/production areas.
- Frequent travel (25% potential) to multiple sites in Hub with potential global travel for Best Practice development.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.