The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionMechanical Engineer
To lead the Mechanical Team and ensure equipment in the plant is performing up to optimum level. To ensure all Imerys assets is in a reliable condition, to ensure the safe, effective, efficient operation within budget, reduce maintenance downtime and execute projects within target completion dates and as per specifications with properly defined scope, with the aid of a maintenance and engineering plan. Assure the right condition of the machine after the repair and before the start-up to avoid repetitive failure / reworks. (b) To carry out both Preventive and Corrective maintenance (planned and scheduled by Planner) on equipment in the plant and to attend unscheduled breakdown and trouble shoot on processing problems due to mechanical failure. (c) Evaluate breakdowns and downtime against MTBF, PR1, NAI, RF, UF and OEE. Develop action and engineering plans to eliminate unplanned downtime and improve planned downtime (Mean Time between Failures).
- Lead Mechanical team to execute both Preventive and Corrective maintenance (planned and scheduled by Planner) on equipment in the plant and to attend unscheduled breakdown and trouble shoot on processing problems due to mechanical failure.
- Optimize the use of third party services, material and spares
- Support and share responsibility with the planner in achieving the maintenance budget and report main needs of his area of responsibility to his superior.
- Help to improve on the processing plant's performance in terms of the mechanical equipment related constraint
- To ensure all Imerys EHS rules are strictly followed and staff disciplines are always upheld and managed well
- Lead team on daily and weekly planned corrective and preventive maintenance. Monitors the realization of the tasks and provides feedback in the Work Orders / Job Card after completing the tasks with the objective to improve future planning. Attended unscheduled breakdown and trouble shooting on processing problems due to mechanical failure. Optimize and balance the workload for each week of the year. Participate in weekly planning meetings as well major shutdown meetings to coordinate jobs with other departments.
- Assure cleanliness of the equipment to be maintained, assure the quality of the job of fitters in the field. Assure the right storage of tool and cleanliness of the mini warehouse and Mechanical workshop (following 5S methodology); take care of the inventory levels. Participate in the RCFA meetings on a weekly basis / as needed.
- Share responsibility with Planner on supporting Planned Maintenance and Maintenance Budget Cost Control
- Creates / optimize procedures, documentation to assure the quality of the job and reduce time needed for the execution activities.
- Establish the training needs both for him and his team based on the identified skill matrix for a given role.
- Follow the H&S Rules and Regulations defined by the company as well as the legal issued by Malaysia Authorities, support the elaboration of safety standards, take care of the environmental as well as maintenance legal regulations
- Coordinates meetings with suppliers to stay updated on new tools, or new techniques available to optimize the work-load, facilitate the job execution and reliability of the equipment.
- To communicate safety alerts, lesson learned and incident sharing on time to department
- To ensure employees/contractors well trained on their task
- To accountable on employees/contractors safety
- To intervene any unsafe behaviour at site
- Encourage employees/contractor to conduct peer to peer safety observation
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 years of maintenance experience (dealing with production) in heavy industries / lime industries /equivalent.
- 2 years experiences with definition and implementation of preventive maintenance program and routines
- Experience applying FMEA techniques and knowledge of basic problem-solving tools.
- AutoCAD, CMMS
- Good written and spoken in Malay & English
- Knowledge in Manufacturing Industries
- Knowledge in Rotary Equipment, Root Cause Failure Analysis, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Cost Basics, Basic Electrical & Instrumentation.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.