Junior Mine Geologist
The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionJunior Mine Geologist
The jobholder leads geological studies of the orebody and surroundings. Leads geological data gathering and synthesizing through 3D block models. Build short, medium and long-term mine plans for sustainable extraction. Contributes to ensure geotechnical stability of underground works.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Acquire geological data through regular production face mapping; input them in the modeling software.
● Plan infill drillings, prepare and update technical drilling reports, logs and interpret cores. Reference person for the internal infill drilling team.
● Plan exploration drilling campaigns, manage subcontracted exploration drilling teams, and update technical drilling reports, logs and interpret cores.
● Provide geological and geotechnical support to mine Supervisors, Production Manager and Mine manager.
● Contribute to Ground Control Mine Plan updates and compliance to ensure infrastructures and stopes stability.
● Manage M4 inspection and reporting program.
● Manage updates of the geological databases (drilling, face mapping, ecc…).
● Contribute to legal compliance aspects such as authorities working programs reports. ● Propose, manage, oversee and follow-up specific technical projects and tasks in the frame of business improvement initiatives.
● Support the Mine Manager in the day-to-day organizational activities.
● Manage 3D interpretation and modeling of the orebody to produce robust geological models applying advanced geostatistic.
● Manage reconciliation calculations to improve reliability of geological model. Create the reconciliation solids on Datamine software.
● Define, with the support of the production team, short, mid and long-term production scheduling.
● Manage Resources and Reserves reporting to Competent Person (PERC). Write the annual technical report on Reserves and Resources for Rodoretto.
● Follow-up the finding of Reserves and Resources audit and solve them.
● Manage compliance with Imerys LOM and 5-year schedule procedures.
● Produce short, mid and long-term mine plans in line with Group standards
● Contribute to the achievement of the safety performance goals of the operation. Take every possible measure to prevent injury and occupational diseases.
● Provide support to the Mine Manager, mine Supervisors and Production Manager in developing and completing safety trainings and auditing programs to the workforce and contractors when applicable.
Qualifications & Experiences
● Laurea degree in geology (master level)
● 1-3 years of experience
● Licensed professional geologist
Skills & Person Specification
● Geology - knowledge of the geology of mineral deposits
● Underground mining – understand underground mining
● Rock geotechnics and mechanics - knowledgeable of rock mechanics and geotechnic, practical knowledge of the situations encountered underground
● Skilled in geostatistic applied to resource geology and modelling
● IT - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access), Google Suite, 3D geological software (Datamine, Leapfrog) and AutoCAD
● Good project management skills
● Practical and with a business sense
● Safety driven
● Italian mother tongue
● Good English level (written and spoken)
● Licensed professional geologist
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.