Intern - Industrial Engineering
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionIntern - Industrial Engineering
The initiatives are (not limited to):
- Confirm the application of the sampling tool being developed (pilot stage) and develop a proper SOP that supports its usage and application during inventory.
- Support the development of an on-line mass balance/recovery model for Wet Plant, using new instrumentation to complete / confirm model by proper sampling and analysis
- Complete data tracking system for the flotation cell area, identifying main deficiencies and proposing corrections and improvement.
Maintenance and instrumentation aspects are also to be reviewed and optimized as needed. Current instrumentation and overall preventive maintenance activities may need to be reviewed as part of performance optimization.
Expected financial impact is estimated at over 500k/year although a refined financial impact estimate is also expected to be a deliverable from the project..
PROJECT LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
Overall understanding of main balance concepts - and identification of the main losses points with proposals of new improvement opportunities and the continuity of initiatives already ongoing.
Interaction with operation teams and plant routine activities, plant process control tools and how to use them for process analysis and proposal of solutions.
Getting familiar with recovery, systems integration and process control concepts and how they may align to a desired result on a production process composed of several different process steps. Interact with a process engineer department and its members - sharing their experiences and knowledge. Interact with most departments on a production facility, including maintenance and quality. Interact with external suppliers for technical support - in case of need.
At our Manufacturing plants, we transform our minerals to provide solutions and products that improve peoples’ lives. We operate across a huge range of customer markets, helping the world to make careful and
effective use of precious natural resources.
Our Intern/Co-Op program provides an opportunity to apply the concepts you learned in engineering classes to
real world experience, including:
● The opportunity and freedom to drive improvements, in an informal and non-hierarchical culture
● Broad based experience gained through exposure to multiple projects, businesses and organizations
● The opportunity to communicate, collaborate and influence across boundaries
● Unique experiences and increasing responsibilities within an exciting business.
What we offer you:
● Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you
will be given specific projects and responsibilities
● Continuous coaching & mentoring– We'll help you work with passionate people and also receive both
formal training and mentoring from your manager
● Visibility of Senior leaders
● Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core; we value every individual and
encourage initiatives promoting agility and work/life balance
● Priority in selection process for Imerys Full time positions – upon successful completion of your Co-
Op and university graduation, you will be given priority in hiring into full time positions
● Are Pursuing a Degree in ______________________
● Have excellent oral and written communication skills
● Love to solve problems in a collaborative environment
● Are true leaders - school club officer, sports team captain, resident advisor, etc. or exceptional
leadership of work projects
● Are legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future work authorization or
visa sponsorship for employment
● Will pass a drug screen and background investigation
● We provide relocation support to get you where we need you.
● We offer competitive wages
● We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Imerys is the world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry.
IMERYS is the world leader in mineral based specialty solutions for industry with more than 16,000 employees
based in 50 countries.
IMERYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
THIS ROLE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP
Position TypeFull time
andIntern (Fixed Term)
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.