The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionJunior Geologist
Key Tasks and Requirements:
- Consolidate and/or conduct and report mine geology mapping and
interpretation projects on a regular basis to support resource modeling, ore
control and reconciliation.
- Develop and demonstrate geologic knowledge and skills relative to being the
regional expert on the minerals and geology for the deposits within the
- Support drilling programs at each mine in order to develop data as part of
resource modeling and mine planning objectives.
- Understand, compile and evaluate analytical data to be used for block
- Develop and demonstrate expertise and knowledge required to support the CP
for Resource and/or Reserve reporting.
- Assist NYCO sites in the evaluation and development of ore grade information,
ore balance data and ore scheduling to support quality and ore requirements.
- Maintain a reconciliation program which will track recovery factors and mine
production and in support of resource and reserve reporting, and the
verification of geologic models vs. actual production.
- Support evaluation of mineral properties, acquisitions, and mine development
- Support permitting, environmental and reclamation activities.
- Support/manage mining contractors for NYCO sites.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.