The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionProduction Supervisor
- Serve a leader and role model with respect to Safety.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment according to Mining Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), EPA and NMED (New Mexico Environmental Department) regulations.
- Monitor Quality Control process as it applies to the direct manufacture and packaging of diatomaceous earth.
- Accurate computerized data entry including production reports, time entry and quality control management.
- Direct the work of Operators, Maintainers and Mine workers.
- Provide training and support to all Operators.
- Monitor all equipment operating parameters to ensure that all Productivity, and Quality parameters are being met (i.e.… tons produced, reject quantities, and quality parameters).
- Prepare and lead daily Safety meeting discussions with the crew at start of shift.
- Prepare and complete lab sample analysis.
- Must complete workplace inspections for the assigned area of responsibility and direct the employees to do the same.
- Direct the timely correction of items reported on all workplace inspections submitted by the work team.
- Immediate communication of any and all accidents, incident, near misses, and significant safety concerns which occur in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Ensure that all employees in the assigned area of responsibility are fully trained and are following safe work practices.
- Observe and address unsafe behavior of all employees and contractors in the assigned areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that production plan is followed and production rates are maintained.
- Prioritize work for direct reports, and follow packaging priorities.
- Document and report shift performance in all functional areas of assigned areas of responsibility on a timely basis.
- Ensure that interruptions to production are quickly and efficiently overcome in order to maintain productivity as per Plant Goals.
- Efficiently utilize the available resources to maintain targeted productivity.
- Identify and resolve roadblocks to productivity in a timely manner.
- Respond in a timely manner to all concerns brought by employees in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Escalate issues if roadblocks can not be overcome, and if productivity targets will not or can not be met.
- Direct shift maintenance personnel to make repairs and follow up with day shift Maintenance Manager on longer term repairs.
- Monitor Quality Control process as it applies to the direct manufacture and perlite fines production
- Track and trend the performance of the assigned work crew and provide performance feedback as necessary to meet the overall objectives of the department and Plant.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.