R&D Process Development Assistant
The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, with over 16,000 employees and over 200 sites worldwide, Imerys delivers high value-added, functional solutions to diversified set of industrial sectors, from processing industries to consumer goods. The Group draws on its knowledge of applications, technological expertise and its material science know-how to deliver solutions based on beneficiation of its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. These contribute essential properties to customers’ products and performance, including refractoriness, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, absorption and repellency. Imerys is determined to develop responsibly, in particular by fostering the emergence of environmentally-friendly products and processes.
If you want to grow your skills and develop your career, find out more at www.imerys.com
The PositionR&D Process Development Assistant
We are Imerys Graphite & Carbon Belgium in Willebroek (Belgium) and we are the world’s market leader in mineral-based solutions for the industry. With our solutions in carbon (carbon black), we contribute to the development of many products in many sectors. Spread over more than 200 locations, we form a close-knit family of over 16,000 employees.
Our organization is experiencing strong growth. To support that growth and to develop new products and materials, our R & D Department is looking for an R&D PROCESS DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT.
- Participating and assisting on R&D innovation activities and supporting process scientist and analytics in Belgium
- Contributing to the development of carbon related solutions and processes for customers in the field of mobile energy, engineering materials, polymers and dispersions final applications.
- Contributing to the analytical characterization of carbon black powders
- Maintenance, troubleshooting and support activities on the state-of-the-art R&D plant
- Apply the rules of lab safety and environmental protection for the lab work; suggest improvements with regard to the work efficiency and lab safety.
- Ensure the quality system procedure and working conditions standards (5S).
- Assist within the R&D group to the successful development of carbon related solutions for technical problems of our customers and markets.
- Control, maintain, and repair a unique innovative R&D plant in Belgium according to the best practices and 5S.
- With his/her industrial machinery competence troubleshoot and propose solutions to improve R&D and pilot equipment and its functionalities to develop new or to improve existing products and process
- Testing new or existing processes for development of new carbon-based materials.
- Execute analytical work in order to characterise carbon products with existing methods
- Assist within the R&D group the successful development and validation of analytical methods for the characterization of carbon products
- Organize and plan the work according to priorities given by the scientist or engineer.
- Suggest improvements with regard to the efficiency and safety of the lab work.
- Participate in innovation activities as a team member. The innovation activities and projects are organized according to the procedures defined in the ISO quality documents and are approved by the management board based on information of the market and the technology.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining official process and procedures and assure the regular maintenance and calibration of the equipment and reactor.
- Maintain the R&D laboratory to ensure an efficient and safe operation.
- Apply the rules of lab safety and environmental protection for the lab work.
- Suggest improvements with regard to the work efficiency and lab safety.
- Participate as a team member in the on-going R&D and innovation activities and projects organized according to the procedures defined in the Technical Quality Management documents and approved by the Management Board.
- Communicate in an effective and appropriate way within the R&D group and department and to other departments in the Imerys Graphite&Carbon organization.
Who are we looking for?
- You were trained as a mechanical assistant or laboratory technician. An education in the field of industrial machinery, maintenance and mechanics is also considered, as well as a basic education in chemistry.
- You have experience in the field of mechanics, industrial machinery, valves and pumps, heavy equipment, lab maintenance, lab safety and safe lab operations. Documented experience in analytical laboratories will be considered as advantage.
- Knowledge of maintenance technologies, material classes and/or seals will be considered as an advantage.
- Good communication skills is an advantage. A good knowledge of dutch is required and you have to be able to express yourself in English.
- You have to be prepared to travel a limited amount (2-3 times per year).
Our company offers you
- A competitive salary with an extensive package of fringe benefits including meal vouchers, group insurance and hospitalization insurance.
- The opportunity to work at a strong growth company with good job security.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.