The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionMine Engineer
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inspection of underground works (either production and infrastructures) to ensure stability control is adequately in place
- Preparation of technical specifications related to each capex project (HMEs, Overburden, Development, etc…)
- Assessment and evaluation, in support to Mine Manager, of new mining equipment and techniques
- Preparation and updates of technical reports
- Contribution to the mine yearly budget execution as well as monthly cost follow up and forecasts
- Prepare monthly capex cost tracking and reporting for the finance team
- Contribution in planning, managing and supervising of capex and opex projects with regard to their costs and realization in the frame of business improvement initiatives
- Inspect mine contractors activities to ensure technical and safety compliance
- Point of contact for Industry 4.0 projects ensuring compliance over time
- Manage legal compliance aspects such as ventilation, environmental issues, all reporting linked to mining law
- Inspect and follow up mine waste dumps ensuring compliance with the authorization and law
- Manage and update mine ventilation flow via dedicated software (Vent Sim)
- Check and follow up rehabilitation and environmental impact studies assisting in the filing of the ecological-environmental procedures to the authorities
- Support in managing M4 inspection and reporting program.
- Manage and update monthly technical and performance mine KPIs and cost savings reporting
- Support the Mine Manager in the handling of day-to-day organizational activities
- Work in close collaboration with the onsite geologist for the execution and follow up of long, medium and short term mine planning with focus on cost and technical feasibility and ROI
- Follow up on backfilling activities such as compressive strength testing and compliance (blocks collection, testing and reporting), mix changes, etc…
- Coordinate inspections of the “Politecnico di Torino” and manage follow up
- Update GCMP and procedures in compliance with Group protocols
Provide support to the Mine Manager, mine Supervisors and Production Manager in developing and completing safety trainings and auditing programs to the workforce and contractors when applicable.
Education and Experience requirements
(Educational requirements should be the minimum level acceptable for the position. Experience should describe both type and amount of necessary qualifying experience. Also note any professional licenses or driving licence required)
Qualifications & Experiences
- Degree in engineering (master level): preferred mining engineering or geotechnical engineering
- 1-3 years of experience (more seniors applicants can be taken in consideration depending on their expertise)
- Licensed professional engineer preferred
- Experience in underground works preferred
Skills & Person Specification
- Rock geotechnics and mechanics - knowledgeable of rock mechanics and geotechnic, practical knowledge of the situations encountered underground.
- Technical knowledge of drilling, blasting, backfilling and supporting
- IT - Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access), Google Suite, 3D geological software (Datamine, Leapfrog) and AutoCAD
- Good project management skills
- Practical and with a business sense
- Safety driven
- Good communication skills to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and to meet deadlines.
- Capability to work in team with good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Autonomous in managing tasks
- Italian mother tongue preferred
- Good English level (written and spoken)
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.