Purchasing Manager - Bulk Shipping
The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionPurchasing Manager - Bulk Shipping
With a global spend of 170M€ the shipping category is an important purchasing area at Imerys. The Imerys European Bulk Shipping Purchasing Manager is responsible for strategic purchasing of bulk, breakbulk, stevedoring and barging transportation for inbound & outbound flows. The role will oversee the purchasing process methodology, best practices, sourcing strategy and associated KPIs management.
Direct management of an allocated part of the global shipping (137 M€) and stevedoring / warehousing and barging (34 M€) spend, covering a global Imerys sea freight portfolio of > 3 M tons annually.
In charge of the supplier panel rationalisation, main supplier relationship management. Operational management and practical coordination of some areas of the shipping activities is part of the responsibility, including the negotiation and in some cases execution of spot shipment fixtures. Besides cost optimization, sustainability and in particular targeted GHG emission reduction initiatives are an important element of the job requiring a strong focus.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Within the team develop and implement a Shipping Purchasing Strategy for your area of responsibility and aligned to the global plans, that best serves Imerys global needs for short and long term.
- Deliver the planned savings for the Shipping Category region as well as the sustainability targets.
- Ensure to have a full and complete overview of Categories activities (bulk shipping, stevedoring, related activities, barging) enabling the function to design the required strategy and to approach the market as one unified and strong shipper with the a sustainable objective and cost savings
- Identify, quantify and pursue opportunities for cost savings or other improvements and manage them on a project basis until completion and validation of the captured savings
- Contribute to create alignment across the Global Shipping Purchasing team suggesting common methodology, sharing best practises and secure continuity.
- Be a member of the Imerys Global Transportation Team
- Build a network with key stakeholders in Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Purchasing and actively work on alignment between the different contributors.
- Manage a common process of performance assessment for the category and report results periodically
- Be a supportive but also challenging business partner and source of related knowledge for Imerys internal stakeholders, define common goals and provide and seek support for improvement projects
- Setup a process of establishing detailed and tailor made SLA’s with the Imerys internal shipping operations defining the applicable way of cooperation on operational level
- Actively build on relationships and be the Imerys representative with ship owners or shipping industry bodies and maintain a supplier relationship management process
Education and Experience requirements
- Solid relevant experience in Supply Chain, in particular Sea Freight and related activities in an intersnational business environment (5 year +)
- Master degree or equivalent in Supply Chain or International Business Economics
- English fluent other languages are welcome
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships & influence key decision makers internally & externally, regionally and globally
- Proven experience in planning and leading complex negotiations
- Highly motivated & results focused with the ability to act with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to operate and execute effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Thorough knowledge of the regulations, formalities and processes of the Shipping categories
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.