The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionProspection Geologist
The role of the Prospection geologist is to carry out all prospecting and development operations for Diatomite reserves in Spain.
This mission is part of the Resources & Reserves development strategy defined in 2022.
The perimeter of activity will be Elche de la Sierra region with travel in all Spain (mainly south) for prospection. A big part of the activity will be field work.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Prospecting for new deposits:
Collect and analysis of data’s (Internal + external)
Preparation, realization and interpretation of surveys (Core drilling, geophysics, trench, etc.)
Field work (geological mapping, sampling, logging drilling campaign, geophysical survey, etc..)
Monitoring results on database and 2D GIS mapping,
Participate in 3D geological modeling with MRP team
2. Support for the administrative part of his actions (owner prospecting authorization, Mining authorities document, administrative file for permitting, etc.)
3. Communication and relationship with landowners and other stakeholders
4. Respect and application of Imerys EHS standards
OTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTIONS:
- Mine production assistance – Geological mapping, mining survey, Geotechnics follow up, production data’s
- The Geologist will be required to support the MRP Team for Geology and mining elements such as geological models, pit design, mine planning, etc.
- Learn and record diatomite geological Experience from External consultant during the whole R&R development project
- Higher education in geological sciences with a strong component related to mining
- Field geologist & exploration geologist experience 3 to 5 years
- Solid knowledge in mineralogy and petrography
- Practical knowledge of geological principles, theories, concepts and techniques
- Specific computer skills (leapfrog, Surpac, Datamine, AutoCAD)
- Strong computer skills (ArcGIS, Microsoft Excel, Access…),
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.