Legal Counsel (m/w/d)
The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionLegal Counsel (m/w/d)
Home-Based AUSTRIA or GERMANY
Full - Time
25% Travel (EU)
As a Legal Counsel, you will be joining Imerys EMEA Business Legal Team of 15 in-house legal counsels and in particular the team providing legal support to the “Refractory, Abrasives & Construction” (RAC) business area in the EMEA region, with 4,100 employees in 15 countries.
In this role you will provide advice and guidance on a wide variety of legal matters (mostly under Austrian and German laws), especially the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts, the management of disputes and claims, the supervision of corporate housekeeping and the roll-out of compliance programs.
The missions for the legal counsel are to assist the RAC business area on all legal matters (except labour law and tax), i.e.:
- Commercial contracts in all domains (including: sales and marketing, purchasing, S&T in collaboration with the IP team and real estate)
- Claims and disputes:
- Manage legal actions with external lawyers
- Contribute to the settlement of high amount claims
- Insurance: manage insured losses in collaboration with the Insurance legal team
- Supervise corporate housekeeping of foreign entities
- Support internal reorganisation projects in collaboration with the Corporate legal team
- Strategic advice on operational matters involving regulatory authorities (e.g. environment, mining and permits
- Antitrust & Compliance (anti-bribery, trade restrictions, GDPR, etc) :
- Roll out the compliance programs designed by the Compliance legal team
- Provide user-friendly, clear and concise legal guidance
- Master of business law from a recognised Austrian or German university
- Minimum 4 years of successful experience in business law firms or within international industrial groups
- Experience working within contract review
- Multiculturalism / be used to evolving in an international environment
- Knowledge of Google Suite would be an advantage, but not essential
- Fluent in German and English imperative, ability to write contracts directly in German and English
- Third working language appreciated (e.g. French or Italian)
- Hands-on, energetic and a motivated self-starter
- Commitment to problem solving
- Well organised with the ability to handle multiple projects
- Flexible and able to adapt to changes anddeadlines
- Team player, supportive of other team members where needed
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a professional career by world leader in mineral specialties for industry, with competitive yearly salary starting at 65.000 EUR gross plus bonus. We offer a higher compensation depending on your expertise and skills.
We are looking forward to receiving you application!
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.