Shift Incharge Production
The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionShift Incharge Production
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List also the main Key Performance Indicators on which the incumbent on which be evaluated
- Must use knowledge of plant and process to lock off all relevant items of equipment when work is being carried out on them. Jobs requiring a permit to work must have a visit from a Production Supervisor before they commence and after they have been completed
- Responsible for maintaining raw material supply and cancelling ordered loads in the event of breakdowns, full silos etc. when no senior production personnel are present
- Contribute to all plant improvement and upgrade projects by providing input gained by on the job experience
- Senior responsible person on site outside office hours – Responsibility for initiating the maintenance ‘call out’ procedure
- Operationally competent to run all processes controlled from the control room and associated services, without direct supervision and with good quality results
- Knowledge and understanding of the process computer and logic diagrams. Knowledge of interlocks within the process
- Controlling the process using SPC charts wherever possible. Understanding charting, taking actions and keeping clear records
- Ensuring the production of good quality of product through correct control of degree of burning and mix of raw materials. Knowledge of Internal Product Specification sheets; understanding of quality tests and implications of process actions on quality
- Fault finding and first line maintenance on all plant equipment including Kiln, Gas Analyser, and others as required and requested by Maintenance Department
- Acting as a First Aider at all times
- Specific knowledge of safety procedures: Statutory Health and Safety as well as the Company Health and Safety documents. In particular the Production Supervisor/Technician is the key person in the operation of the Permit to Work system, (Authorisation to Work or ATW), Electronic Work Systems (EWS)
- Conducts safety observations/dialogues to audit compliance by others working on site in the wearing of PPE and the adherence to safety procedures. (Kerneos employees and contractors)
- To maintain a comprehensive shift log, noting operational, quality, safety and environmental information for record keeping and data logging as required
- Responsible for sampling and measuring the product during the process for quality, including but not restricted to:
- Raw mill: XRF for chemistry control;
- Clinker: XRD mineralogy control
- Cement Mill: Free CaO; T(30) flow; set; free iron; XRD, residue 90 microns
- CF/TRG milled cement: residue 90 microns
- As the plant develops and progresses, different test methods may be required and this list is therefore not exhaustive. Periods of higher risk of bad quality may necessitate different tests or higher frequencies.
- Carry out plant tours and physically check equipment and process. To work with the philosophy of preventative maintenance in trying to anticipate breakdowns before they occur. Record observations from plant tours against the relevant check list and where required
- Responsible to perform trouble shooting on the whole plant to find the causes of problems (Mechanical/Electrical/Automation/Material) including kiln gas analyser and undertaking actions to fix them. Clears blockages.
- Able to fire the kiln gun and clear rings
- Acting as the Fire Marshal for the Main Office building
- Receives and logs raw materials, including but not restricted to lime, heavy fuel oil, and rejects (from external contractors).Assist with unloading where necessary
- Obtain product samples from silos, this involves climbing steep high stairs/ladders and carrying a product sample back to the lab
- Assists the other on duty Supervisor/Technician in whatever duties necessary to keep the plant running well. These include but are not restricted to: burner changes, firing the gun, clearing blockages, resetting trips and overloads
- Movement of goods and skips by forklift truck when required. Inspection and defect reporting on trucks
- Reprocessing reject material. Keeping records of where product is recycled to, as well as the quantity, rate of recycling, quality checks
- Housekeeping, cleanliness, tidiness. Maintains a clean safe work area. Out on plant, cleans where necessary and notifies day workers if cannot be done personally
- Will actively participate in their own training and development, and in the training and development of others
- Responsibility to manage people working under their supervision
- Responsibility to conduct risk assessments and be proactive in the development of safe working procedures
- To do internal quality and environmental audits as the function is evolved and the training provided
- Responsible for shift manning to ensure adequate cover following management guidelines
Education and Experience requirements:
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering/BSc Chemistry with 6 to 8 yrs of industrial experience, Preferences given for cement industry professionals.
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering with around 4 yrs of industrial experience, preference given for cement industry professionals.
- Process qualifications or any other relevant manufacturing qualifications
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.