The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionLab Supervisor
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List also the main Key Performance Indicators on which the incumbent on which be evaluated
Health and Safety
- Maintains high level of health and safety within laboratory area
- Takes part and encourage the use of Behavioural Safety Audits in the Workplace
- Respect all site safety rules including those applicable for the safe engagement of laboratory contractors
- Comply with the requirements of all relevant legislation, including those applicable to chemical safety
- The holder may be required to be a qualified First Aider and must ensure compliance with all relevant acts and regulations as required
- Reviewing risk assessments
- Assures test method integrity through equipment and method control
- Manages application of EN 14647, ISO 9001:2008 and other applicable standards within the laboratory
- Ensure regular exchange between customer services and packaging on finished product quality and production on in-process quality
- Receive and process UK quality customer complaints, following the complaints handling procedure
- Quality Control duties including the collection of samples, testing and recording results in QC database and keeping work area and equipment clean and in good order. Quality Assurance of material for despatch
- Development of section duties including light machine maintenance/fault finding/programme analysis (on-line robotic sampling, X-Ray, and laser).
- Assists the development of manufacturing activities through all types of laboratory work; conducting well defined process studies and participating in the administration of the laboratory. Works as one of a small team of technicians
- Assisting during the trailing of products
Complies with Company Policy and participate in audits and reviews as required by the Environmental Policy and Systems.
TECHNICAL PERFORMANCE CRITERIA
- Knowledge of product and tests
- PC and IT tools: Sample Manager, Business Objects, JDE, MS, Lotus Notes.
- Following QC trends: interpret bi-monthly trends and take corrective action where appropriate
- Equipment troubleshooting of laboratory, analytical and auto-sampling equipment
- Knowledge on XRF, XRF
Education and Experience requirements
- BSC /MSC– Chemistry or Diploma / BTech - Chemical
- 4 to 7 years’ experience on laboratory
- Cement / Refractory Industries are preferable
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.