The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionProduction Supervisor
Based at our Plant in No Agua, NM the Production Supervisor will supervise and direct the operational activities of a production team on a 12 hr shift, 24 hr/day, 7 day per week, rotating operating schedule. They will also be responsible for creating a safe and positive work environment, ensuring compliance with all internal and external guidelines for product quality, employee safety, environmental compliance, and process equipment optimization as well as implement standards, procedures, and policies to support the continuous improvement of product quality and process efficiency in order to meet manufacturing goals and objectives.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain a safe and healthy working environment according to Mining Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), EPA and NMED (New Mexico Environmental Department) regulations.
• Monitor Quality Control process as it applies to the direct manufacture and packaging of diatomaceous earth.
• Accurate computerized data entry including production reports, time entry and quality control management.
• Direct the work of Operators, Maintainers and Mine workers.
• Provide training and support to all Operators.
• Monitor all equipment operating parameters to ensure that all Productivity, and Quality parameters are being met (i.e.… tons produced, reject quantities, and quality parameters).
• Prepare and lead daily Safety meeting discussions with the crew at start of shift.
• Prepare and complete lab sample analysis.
• Must complete workplace inspections for the assigned area of responsibility and direct the employees to do the same.
• Direct the timely correction of items reported on all workplace inspections submitted by the work team.
• Immediate communication of any and all accidents, incident, near misses, and significant safety concerns which occur in the assigned area of responsibility.
• Ensure that all employees in the assigned area of responsibility are fully trained and are following safe work practices.
• Observe and address unsafe behavior of all employees and contractors in the assigned areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
• Responsible for ensuring that production plan is followed and production rates are maintained.
• Prioritize work for direct reports, and follow packaging priorities.
• Document and report shift performance in all functional areas of assigned areas of responsibility on a timely basis.
• Ensure that interruptions to production are quickly and efficiently overcome in order to maintain productivity as per Plant Goals.
• Efficiently utilize the available resources to maintain targeted productivity.
• Identify and resolve roadblocks to productivity in a timely manner.
• Respond in a timely manner to all concerns brought by employees in the assigned area of responsibility.
• Escalate issues if roadblocks cannot be overcome and if productivity targets will not or cannot be met.
• Direct shift maintenance personnel to make repairs and follow up with day shift Maintenance Manager on longer term repairs.
• Monitor Quality Control process as it applies to the direct manufacture and perlite fines production
• Track and trend the performance of the assigned work crew and provide performance feedback as necessary to meet the overall objectives of the department and Plant.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years related experience, including supervision.
IMERYS... Mineral Solutions to create tomorrow's world. Imerys is a Paris based Global Leader, who transforms minerals into thousands of high valued specialty mineral products essential for our Customers' Products.
IMERYS offers competitive benefits including medical/dental insurance, 401K matching and paid vacation.
Check Imerys out on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jaEhgwzfxk
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.