Sales Director - Refractory Market
The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionSales Director - Refractory Market
Imerys, global leader in Specialty minerals, is hiring a Sales Director for our Americas Refractory market.
Location - Home based, East Coast or Roswell, GA
Number of direct reports: 6
Travel travel: up to 50%
As a Sales Director, your role is to:
- Support the Market VP in the implementation of the commercial strategy for the Market based on the defined business
- Build and develop the detailed commercial strategy for the Market segments/geographies you are in charge of
- Implement and monitor the strategic sales plan for the segments/geographies to reach the business objectives
- Lead, coach and develop a sales team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual budgeted sales goals with a focus
- acquiring new business & getting new opportunities to increase market share and profitability
- and/or maintaining market share leadership, profitability and grow in line with the market
- and/or increasing profitability through cash and margin optimization, allowing controlled market share reduction.
The role involves working closely with other areas of the business including: Technical support, Marketing, Business analyst, Finance,
Supply chain & Customer Service, Science & Technology, Human Resources, and Legal teams
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Commercial strategy building, execution & monitoring:
● Design and leads the annual sales plan building for her/his perimeter (budget forecast and mid-term plan)
● Sets performance goals by market segment/ geography and allocates sales teams accordingly with a specific focus on
innovations and new opportunities
● Responsible for planning, directing and controlling all sales activities in the market segments/geographies, with the support of
the Marketing and Technical support teams, in accordance with Imerys and Market strategy
● Responsible for nurturing long-term Imerys relationships with customers, and understanding customer needs
● Provides accurate inputs to the Sales Planning function to manage the forecast; improves the forecast accuracy; works in close contact with the Operations and Supply chain teams
● Responsible in reaching accounts receivables target
● Support the common Commercial Excellence Group approach and initiatives, specifically collaboration with other BAs for customers & products transfers
● Prepares the necessary reporting & KPIs on recurrent sales & opportunities together with the Business Performance Manager
/ Business Analyst, leverages the BI and CRM data available to monitor the sales pipeline and the progress of the target
● Implements a routine of performance management, through monthly sales huddles and one to one with each team member, to
review target achievement and discuss action plans
● Supports Marketing in building a good understanding of the Market segments/geographies trends and dynamics including
competitor landscape, customer needs evolution, etc.
● Embraces and delivers our Company values, with particular emphasis on providing a high level of services to our customers.
● If applicable, direct account management at large account(s)
Leading and coaching Sales team
● Drives a performance culture within the team and develop a culture of customer centricity, hand in hand with the Commercial
● Degree : Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred - Chemical, Metallurgical or Ceramics Engineering degree
● Proven industry experience of performing at Regional Head of Sales level for at least 8-10 years
● Experience of managing a multi-site and international sales team
● Proven leadership and motivational skills to drive a sales team and achieve expected results
● Proven top performer, strong customer sense and strategic understanding
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills
● Change management skills
● Strong selling skills including negotiation, and communication
● Ability to positively influence others w/o direct reporting lines
● Business acumen
● Ability to use common IT tools (Excel, Word, Gsuite, Web tools)
● Salesforce would be an advantage
● Languages : fluent in English
● Driving licence required
● Technical knowledge/background in Refractory is a plus
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.