The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionDistribution Specialist
Provide for the satisfaction of customer requirements by managing the inventory of outside warehouses / bulk terminals, lot allocation of all orders, and all consignment inventory. All positions in the Supply Chain provide backup coverage for other functions.
KEY RESULTS AREAS / PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine the appropriate stocking levels by working with sales / forecast information for bulk terminals and replenish accordingly. Responsible for challenging stock targets on a monthly frequency.
- Initiating and creating Warehouse Transfer Orders to replenish packaged warehouses to the predetermined safety stock level.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the railcar fleet in an optimized manner.
- Track KPIs related to rail movement i.e. Dwell time, transit time, time to empty, storage fees and monitor/escalate action items to maintain quantity and financial targets.
- Resolving any rail discrepancies and schedules rail car repairs in coordination with Shared Services
- Monitoring and trace outbound rail shipments to warehouses/bulk terminals utilizing vendor web portals.
- Bill the railcars on the supplier's web platform after shipment.
- Manage PO’s and receipts for bulk railcar lease agreements.
- Reserve / Allocate inventory for all transfer and customer orders
- Validate BOLs to ensure lot numbers and quantities are accurate
- Approve Basware invoices for railcar spot maintenance/repairs.
- Liaise with production and sales for emergencies as needed.
- Coordinate activities with outside warehouses/bulk terminals
- Optimize daily operations to include daily follow-up on shipping documents for customer shipments, made within the prior 48 hours.
- Manage inbound receipts.
- Monthly closing - reconciling, reporting reasons for overage / shortages, action items review, etc.
- Annual performance review and discussion with warehouses as needed.
- Manage aged inventory and communicate with Sales for disposition decisions.
- Responsible for stock reconciliation and inventory adjustments as needed. Ensure tracking adjustments and communicate with accounting.
- Imports: receiving in / paperwork / PO closing / inventory check / point of liaison with accounting for documents / maintain inventory levels in inventory database.
- Ownership of Master Data for outside warehouses and bulk terminals.
- Manage inventory utilizing disposition codes in the ERP system.
- Approving warehouse invoices for payment, based on approved agreements
- Participate in the different Logistics distribution network development projects.
- All other duties as assigned
Back up duties:
- Provide supply chain accurate inventory counts of stock, at least weekly, and more frequent as needed, verifying production/pallet counts of finished products, package size, quantity and lot number
- Enter Production Orders for external toll blending locations (2) to record reported production. Managing inventory, in RM & out FG, and production schedule at Tollers (Andersonville, Black Lab, Empire). Notify toll blenders of future orders for their scheduling of production, and arrange for transfer orders of Imerys Norfolk produced materials to support their production campaign.
- Sampling PreShipment of Secar 71 (Resco, Ref. Sales Service & Calderys).
- Imports: PO creation. Determine, based on established safety stock levels and sales forecasts, the ordering of imported finished products from Imerys Norfolk affiliates for customer sales.
This position requires remaining in a seated position for long periods of time, the ability to pick, pinch or otherwise work primarily with fingers to operate key board for computer work. This position requires the employee to frequently walk, bend, stoop and have the ability to lift and or move up to 25 pounds and mostly works in an office or plant environment. This position is exposed to a cement and often dusty plant work environment and with contact with our product. Based on the hazards of working in a plant/industrial environment, this position requires alertness, the ability to think rationally while working on multiple tasks. This position needs the ability to express or exchange ideas, provide detailed spoken instructions by means of the spoken word to impact oral information to managers, suppliers, contractors, co-workers, direct report or the public. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, sit and climb or balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities can perform the essential functions.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.