Transportation Purchasing Analyst
The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionTransportation Purchasing Analyst
The Transportation Purchasing Analyst will assist the Global Category Teams on annual global RFQ’s. He/she will perform the following main tasks:
Communication with all stakeholders (internal and external)
Data collection from the different Business Areas on volumes and requirements
Manage the tender tool (Ivalua) and analysis of tenders.
Manage SAP updates in cooperation with the Shared Service Centers
Organization and participation in the negotiations with the Shipping Lines (containers).
Shipping Lines selection and contract elaboration / implementation (containers)
Drive and manage implementation of the new Supplier Relationship Management system Ivalua for the Transport Category.
Category follow-up and reporting:
Create and follow the main market indicators for Containers (Market Evolution)
Follow up on the Shipping Companies selections in term of volume and service quality (KPIs)
Analyze and report on outcome of RFQ processes comparing results with previous conditions and with budget.
To receive, administrate and request spot quotations with shipping lines (containers)
Were needed assist in or perform financial or operational reporting activities
Assist in the annual budgeting process
Support in quarterly QBR reporting process
Where possible assist in reporting or data management of regional transport categories (road and rail transport).
Safety and Quality and Environment :
Contribute and support that Imerys standards and requirements in terms of safety and quality is accepted and implemented by our logistics partners.
To handle/manage the major claims related with the service of our logistic partners for container transport.
Monitor and administrate KPI’s on achieving environmental carbon footprint targets in line with the corporate objectives
Education and Experience requirements:
- A bachelor degree in Transport / Logistics / Supply Chain
- Preferably first experience in Container transport or sea freight related position
(Forwarders, Shipping Lines, Industrial environment )
- Relevant purchasing experience in data collection and data analysis.
- Relevant purchasing experience in the sourcing and qualification of EPC & EPCM contractors.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics:
- Self-starter, methodical and organized
- Business and supplier oriented
- Internationally inclined, culturally opened and aware
- Mobility outside of home country and/or region
- English language skills, French or German is a plus. Able to deliver results and drive improvements.
- Capability to deal with different ERP systems and their reporting. Analytical computer skills.
- Experience with Ivalua will be an added value for the job.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work in a team environment and share best practices regularly
- Strong analytical skills, with good knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Presentations, Meet,...) is a plus.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.