The world’s leading supplier of mineral-based specialty solutions for industry with 14,000 employees, operations in more than 40 countries, and €4.3 billion in revenue in 2022.
The PositionGeneral Accountant
For our Finance Team we are looking for a GL Accountant
This position is based either in Ghent or Willebroek.
- In this role you will report directly to the Chief Accountant
- Oversee for general ledger & Month-end close activities
- Ensure accounting data accuracy
- Ensure that transactions have been properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company accounting process
- Coordinate all regular accounting processes and month-end close activities
- Justify general ledger accounts regularly
- Responsible for statutory filings
- Reconcile statutory and management books
- Monitor Regulatory changes of accounting and taxes
- Monitor account reconciliations
- Monitor top of balance sheet elements (e.g. financing , Capex)
- Handle fixed assets activities when applicable
- Ensure intercompany activities are performed in a timely & efficient manner
- Perform tax declarations and new tax schemes implementation
- Comply with local financial requirements by studying existing and new legislation and advising management on needed actions
- Accountable for General Ledger accuracy
Qualifications and Experience
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP, IFRS), practices, standards, laws and regulations, tax computations
- Ability to handle complex financial information and financial risk
- Ability to create a strong bonds with other people, inspires trust and confidence in both his peers, senior, and external partners
- Demonstrate good communication skills to convey information and instructions down the line.
- Have a keen eye for details, ability to manage multi tasks / project and meet tight deadlines, is analytical and highly organized
- Work comfortably in a highly collaborative setting, have a confident and outgoing personality
- Proficient in Dutch and English
- Proficient in financial software as SAP, database and Google suite package
Ideal background/ experience
- 5 years minimum General Ledger accounting experience
- Able to work autonomously for periodic closing monthly, quarterly, yearly)
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Master degree in finance and accounting
Imerys offers you
- The opportunity to work in a challenging environment in a growing company.
- A competitive salary package based upon your relevant knowledge and experience.
- Attractive fringe benefit package.
Position TypeFull time
Only technical issues will be monitored through the below inbox:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS TO THIS EMAIL, AS THEY WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only applications received through the online application process will be considered.