Many of our minerals can be used as functional fillers to simultaneously improve paper and board quality, achieve maximum loading levels and optimize productivity.
Functional fillers allow maximum replacement of fibre and high productivity
Our minerals from our multi-mineral portfolio make excellent functional fillers in paper and board applications.
Our filler loading options for this application include Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC), Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC), kaolin (both hydrous and calcined clay) and talc*.
Our mineral fillers:
- Allow high filler loading
- Are cost-effective fibre extenders
- Boost paper optics with improved opacity and brightness
- Improve surface properties and reduces ink demand
- Provide faster dewatering
- Reduce drying time
- Impart good mechanical properties to the paper
- Improve paper smoothness
- Improve coating hold out
*Talc products are not available in the USA and Canada. Contact us for an alternative range.