Functional ingredients for latex gloves, stoppers and more
Our minerals are prized ingredients for the production of medical stoppers, latex gloves and dental alginates.
Our calcined kaolin clay provides the resealability, barrier properties and mechanical performance critical to protecting medicines from contamination and oxidation.
- Improves gas permeation and water absorption
- Improves sealing properties while giving good resealing properties after puncture
- Improves chemical resistance
- Provides good steam and ethylene oxide sterilization resistance and UV radiation resistance
- Is an ideal reinforcing agent, improving mechanical properties of stoppers
- Is an effective processing aid, lowering compound viscosity and improving compound flow
- Provides good thermal resistance and color retention, and extends service life
- Is chemically inert and does not react with medical substances, having no effect on the level of reducing substances, pH or UV light absorption
- Calcined clay and silane-treated calcined clay grades for multi-dose rubber stoppers where resealability is required.
- Talc* and silane-treated talc grades for improving barrier properties in pharmaceutical stopper applications, especially when low compression set, low fragmentation and high tear resistance are required.
Our ground calcium carbonate Carbital™ N is a liquid form of ground calcium carbonate (GCC) particularly recommended for the production of natural latex gloves, where it improves mechanical, thermal and aging properties while providing reinforcement. Carbital N is recommended for the production of surgical, medical and clean-room latex gloves. When added in the correct proportions, GCC can improve tensile strength, meaning greater resistance to tension and stretching. GCC also offers superior tear strength, so gloves are less likely to rip during use.
Dental alginates molding
Alginates used for dental molding are visco-elastic materials with rubber-like compliance. Alginates contain high levels of diatomaceous earth (DE) filler.
Our DEs for alginates provide low compression set and low swelling, enabling dentists to produce an accurate mold of the patient’s mouth.
Celite™ DE range for dental alginate molding.
*Talc products are not available in the USA and Canada. Contact us for an alternative range.