Imerys colleagues worldwide unite to support international research institutions and communities during the Covid-19 crisis
A positive impact on local communities and research organizations has been made during this difficult period thanks to the efforts of our Imerys sites team members over the last few months.
Since the beginning of the crisis, CEO Alessandro Dazza, Chairman Patrick Kron and members of the Executive Committee cut off their salary of 25% to support colleagues of Imerys worldwide.
80 leaders have made salary donations totalling over €250,000. This will be split between two institutions doing important work globally in the fight against Covid-19: Unicef and Institut Pasteur. The third part of the total amount will go to local charities in India and to the WHO donation call to support Brazil.
This is in addition to the mobilisation of Imerys sites worldwide, which have made countless donations of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), medical equipment, technology, meals and other items, which are estimated to have exceeded €100,000 in value.
Here is the list of donation activities conducted by Imerys teams in different locations:
- In the US, teams in several states have been donating to food banks to help vulnerable communities.
- In Austria, teams have donated nearly €30,000 in school supplies, including a donation of laptops to support 750 students without computers to continue their studies during the lockdown.
- In Bulgaria, the Kardzhali site team have donated gloves and surgical masks to an emergency medical centre, as well as providing life-saving equipment to a local hospital.
- In Greece, team members donated a portable medical ventilator on Milos island to support coronavirus treatment.
- Employees in Mexico have supported their local communities by providing supplies that assist in preventing the spread of coronavirus, such as antibacterial gel, hand soap and face masks.
- In Argentina, teams made donations of masks and gloves to support healthcare workers in local hospitals.
- In Brazil, a donation of air conditioning and hospital mattresses was made to a local hospital.
- Employees in India have provided almost 1,200 grocery packages to nearby villages, supplied sanitiser and masks to local communities, and made cash donations to homeless people in local slums.
These are just a few examples of the solidarity displayed by colleagues worldwide.
Our thanks go to employees and management teams at all sites who have generously provided donations, funding, and equipment during the crisis. We are proud to be able to contribute to the collective response against Covid-19.
Photos credits: Institut Pasteur, Imerys