Micas are an ideal solution for structural vibration damping and heat dissipation.
Noise reduction plus a host of other benefits
Many types of minerals can be used to achieve the maximum amount of noise and heat dissipation but mica remains the most efficient of all. In tests, selected grades of mica at different loadings generated sound damping properties comparable to, or exceeding, glass fiber.
Our Suzorite® range of mica is ideal for improving noise reduction in polymeric compounds.
Imerys micas are ideal for improving noise reduction in polymeric compounds for:
- Power tool housings
- Under-the-hood automotive parts
- Bitumen membranes for use in automotive and domestic appliances
- Water-based structural vibration damping coatings for trains, boats, buses, airplanes, cars and many other applications.
As well as its sound proofing ability, mica will also:
- Increase flexural modulus and strength
- Improve heat deflection (HDT) performance
- Increase tensile strength
- Improve impact properties
- Reduce costs
Talk to our plastics team about your processes and ambitions, and they’ll introduce you to the benefits of our Suzorite range.