Hobbycraft & artware
Putting the art into hobbycraft and artware
We supply a vast range of mineral solutions for the hobbycraft and artware industry. Enhanced product formulas and new hobbycraft techniques have expanded in recent years, with many new applications being developed to give you better results, lower costs and a range of other benefits.
Imerys also offers a range of optimized ceramic feedstocks for 3D printing by Paste Deposition Modelling (PDM): EZ Print 3D™.
Available in “Ready-to-use” rolls and “Plug & Play” cartridge, our tailored ceramic feedstocks for PDM technology is applicable for potterycraft, hobbycraft, tableware rapid prototyping and is ideal for designers, design departments and Fablabs.
EZ Print3D is workable on a large range of 3D printers.
- For different applications (casting, throwing, handbuilding, etc)
- Different temperatures ranges (low, high, porcelain)
- High quality and whiteness
- Vast experience in designing custom projects
- High quality and performance refractory solutions
- Only company in the world to manufacture their own refractories products from their own raw materials mines
- Excellent plasticity and green strength
- Good cast rate for casting applications
- Very good fired colour
- Lower LOI, fewer surface defects
- Improved shrinkage control
- Higher impact strength
- Faster drying times
- Very low iron and titanium for excellent fired colour
- High alkali per unit of alumina providing excellent fusibility
- Controlled particle size
- Consistent particles size
- Good fired colour
- Consistent chemistry to reduce crazing potential
- Give translucency to the body (porcelain)
- Imerys Halloysite is very pure, with brilliant whiteness (low iron and titanium)
- Reduction of fired sag
All of our EZ Print3D™ products are made from Imerys’ best porcelain pastes:
- High-quality porcelain
- Offering best whiteness & translucency
- Fully compatible with your existing firing conditions
- Fit with your porcelain glazes
Whatever you want to achieve, we have mineral solutions that can improve your processes, cut costs and ensure you enjoy brilliant results, every time.
Related product ranges
Kaolin is a rock from which the clay mineral kaolinite is derived. This one has been used for millennia as the principal ingredient in porcelain tableware. Today Imerys kaolins bring critical properties to a host of end applications ranging from paper to paints, fiberglass to cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.