Maximize your olive oil yield with our specialty Talcoliva talc range. It’s designed to give you the most oil from your olive stock.
Increased olive oil yield with our Talcoliva talc grades
Our range of talc is an effective solution for increasing virgin olive oil yield throughout the full duration of the olive producing campaign. Talc* works with all olive types and is particularly effective with “difficult” olives.
Our talc helps olive oil production in a variety of ways, where it:
- Absorbs the natural emulsifier found in olives, allowing more olive oil to be extracted – particularly from “difficult” fruit that contains too much or not enough water
- Reduces fruit solids in the oil that cause cloudiness and higher sediment levels, improving oil clarity
- Allows milling at lower temperatures
- Reduces the need for oil degrading techniques, e.g. heating the paste or adding water, improving oil quality
- Increases plant production capacity
- Lowers emulsion levels in wastewater – often used to irrigate nearby fields
Talc is natural and environmentally friendly, as it does not pollute wastewaters. As talc is inert, it does not affect the chemical properties of the olive paste, nor the color or flavor of the final product.
We recommend our Talcoliva talc grades for this application, as the range:
- Is registered for use as a food additive under European Directive 1129/2011 (EC), E553b (Annex II)
- Complies with required purity criteria set out in European Directive 231/2012 (EC)
- Complies with US FDA Standards for Food Additives
- Complies with purity criteria under Food Chemical Codex, VIII Edition
- Complies with Japanese Standards for Food Additives, VIII Edition
- Certified Kosher and Halal
- Does not contain allergens
* Talc products are not available in the USA and Canada. Contact us for an alternative range.