A versatile way to handle oil and chemical spills
Absodan calcined moler is a type III R absorbent derived from calcined moler that remains hard even at full absorption capacity. Quick-acting, safe to use and capable of absorbing all forms of spills on solid surfaces, Absodan calcined moler traps fluid in its porous structure.
Absodan calcined moler is chemically inert and does not react with the absorbed fluid (with the exception of hydrofluoric acid). It can be used for all types of spills, including oil slicks, acids, alkalis, aqueous and organic solvents. It’s non-flammable and when using large amounts of Absodan calcined moler, the granulate is fire-retardant.
Absodan calcined moler can be used preventively or intensively following a spill and it’s easy to spread and sweep up afterwards. It’s also the preferred oil- and chemical-spill absorbent used by firefighters and road maintenance teams, because it is suitable for absorbing almost every liquid after an accident.
All our environmental absorbents are carefully selected and manufactured according to our stringent quality requirements. They comply with all applicable regulations and are tested and approved by a number of recognized European testing institutions.
Talk to our teams today about Absodan calcined moler for oil and chemical spills.
- Chemically inert - does not react with solvents, acids, alkalis and oils (except hydrofluoric acid)
- Fast acting - optimal absorption capacity
- Non-flammable - at higher application rates can be fire-retardant
- Skid resistant - granules remain hard even at full absorption
- Easy to clean up - low dust, does not form a mud
- Economical to use - high absorption capability means lower application rates and so less waste disposal costs