A sustainable alternative for pulp bleaching
- Cost savings
- Reduced chemical consumption
- Fibre strength
- Minimized effluents
Pulp bleaching is needed whenever bright pulp is used in the production of graphic paper, high-end packaging or white tissue paper.
EcoBright is a stabilized aqueous suspension of magnesium hydroxide that is not only environmentally friendly but delivers cost savings by ensuring optimized use of magnesium sulfate, caustic soda, silicate and/or hydrogen peroxide in the recipes.
EcoBright™ HP is specially recommended for use in high-performance hydrogen peroxide bleaching. It serves as a multi-function ingredient by providing alkalinity and a buffering effect as well cellulose fibre protection by the magnesium ions.
Using our EcoBright products in pulp bleaching can achieve many benefits including:
- Higher brightness values
- Less COD/BOD burden
- Proven better environmental impact (on several indicators such as CO2, water used) versus conventional chemicals with a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) study conducted externally on chemical pulp to support this
- Less dissolving of organic material hence higher yield and cleaner water circuits
- Significantly reduced downtime for process equipment cleaning, due to a reduction in calcium-based deposits, leading to improved productivity
- EcoBright slurries are not classified as hazardous following the harmonised system for CLP
No matter the mechanical or chemical pulp application, let our innovative team help design or create a solution specifically for you.
Ecobright: an Imerys Pioneer product
In addition to improving water quality by decreasing the Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) burden of wastewater by up to 30% compared to standard solutions, EcoBright increases bleaching process yields, thereby limiting wood consumption. For these reasons, Ecobright has earned the Imerys’ Pioneer certificate, our highest sustainability rating denoting products and services with outstanding sustainability performance compared to the reference on the market. As such, Ecobright provides the highest environmental contribution to the downstream value chain, while also demonstrating low environmental impact during its production phases compared to its economic value.