Tougher plastics mean thinner parts
If you’re working with polypropylene or thermoplastic polyolefin resins for automotive parts and electronics applications, Jetfine improves impact strength at low temperatures, allowing you to reduce the thickness of your parts.
Jetfine is our range of ultrafine talcs* developed using proprietary grinding technology. Its ultrafine particle size distribution, highly lamellar morphology and high aspect ratio generate excellent particle orientation during injection molding, improving the stiffness and impact balance of the finished part.
- Increases biopolymer stiffness
- Improves biopolymer dimensional stability, reducing shrinkage and thermal expansion
- Increases heat deflection temperature
- Improves barrier properties
- Is food contact approved
- Lowers the carbon footprint of the final product
Using Jetfine in biopolymers transforms compounds into suitable and cost-competitive substitutes for fossil-sourced, non-biodegradable thermoplastics.
Jetfine talcs are ideal for high-end applications which require superior stiffness / impact balance or where wall thickness downgauging is desired such as:
- Automotive exterior parts, such as bumpers, fenders, fascias, body or rocker panels, made from TPOs,
- Automotive interior parts made from polypropylene, TPOs, PC/PBT, PC/ABS, etc.
- Electrical and electronic (E&E) parts such as computer, TV and electronic device housings molded from engineering thermoplastics.
*Talc products are not available in the USA and Canada. Contact us for an alternative range.
Pioneer product status for use in Bioplastics and Biopolymers
Jetfine can lower the total carbon footprint of your products by making them thinner and lighter. Most notably, when used in bioplastics or biopolymers, Jetfine makes them suitable and cost-competitive substitutes for fossil-sourced and non-biodegradable thermoplastics. As such, Jetfine 3CA is certified as one of our Pioneer products, meaning it provides the highest social and environmental contribution to the downstream value chain, while demonstrating a low environmental impact in its production phase. The Pioneer certificate is our highest rating for products and services with outstanding sustainability performance compared to the reference on the market.