Cost-effective and sustainable, minerals can add value to your plastic compounds while decreasing your overall emissions levels.
Whether you’re making roofing films, flooring and vinyl tiles, geothermal pipes, insulation foam or wood-plastic composites, we have products made from calcium carbonate, wollastonite, perlite, mica, kaolin, and talc*.
What’s more, because our minerals are natural, they can help to reduce your carbon imprint by replacing more environmentally damaging materials, such as glass fiber. This should also help keep costs under control.
- Luzenac: engineered talcs to meet dimensional stability challenges (CLTE).
- FilmLink® range: fine engineered marble providing high film quality, optimal breathability, improved processability, good balance of mechanical properties and UV stability.
- Polwhite™: specifically designed hydrous kaolin to enhance scratch and wear resistance.
- VinylCarb Lux®: calcium carbonate specifically designed for luxury vinyl tile flooring systems, improved processing behaviour and maximized mechanical properties.
- Ensaco®: high-quality carbon black for conductive flooring applications.
- Atomite/Gamaco/Micro-White 100/ Calwite: calcium carbonate offers reduced shrinkage, improved impact resistance & durability through better particle packing as well as better dispersibility of pigments in PVC and vinyl.
- ImerGloss®: high whiteness surface treated marble optimizing processability, colour and mechanical properties.
- Suzorite®: mica designed for reinforcement and thermal expansion.
- Harborlite®: engineered perlite for plate-out control and die build-up reduction.
- Luzenac talc range: talc for improving stiffness and dimensional stability (reduced shrinkage, warpage).
- Polwhite™: hydrous kaolin for improving stiffness barrier properties.
- Nyglos®: specific wollastonite range for reinforcement, stiffness and better weld line strength.
- Socal® and Winnofil®: ultra-fine precipitated calcium carbonates to meet most gloss demanding applications.
- InFusion®: engineered ground calcium carbonates to maximize loading.
- ImerCarb™ and PolCarb™: ground calcium carbonates to reduce warpage and improve extrusion properties, production efficiency and surface finish.
- Polwhite™: kaolin portfolio enhancing dimensional stability, viscosity and flexural modulus.
- Nyglos®: wollastonite for reinforcement and partial replacement of glass fiber.
Talk to our industry experts about the ranges that could help optimize your plastics, or how we could create a bespoke formulation just for you.
*Talc product ranges are not available in the USA and Canada. Contact us for an alternative range.
Related product ranges
Carbon black is an extremely versatile substance which is making an increasingly valuable contribution to the automotive industry. Imerys is the leading supplier of highly conductive carbon-based solutions for conductive carbon black used in lithium-ion batteries powering electric vehicles and consumer electronics. It is also a valuable ingredient in polymer compounds used in electronic devices and the automotive industry.
Kaolin is a rock from which the clay mineral kaolinite is derived. This one has been used for millennia as the principal ingredient in porcelain tableware. Today Imerys kaolins bring critical properties to a host of end applications ranging from paper to paints, fiberglass to cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
Whether you are looking to polish, sand, smoothen, grind, or even cut a workpiece, you want to be sure that the material used, its hardness and grain size are right for the job at hand. We are the world leader in fused minerals for abrasives, ready to assist and deliver on all your finishing needs.