Perfect texture and surface finishing aids for foodstuffs
Our Luzenac talc grades have been designed specifically as solutions for the food & beverage market. They’re effective surfacing, finishing and texturing agents in chewing gum. In gum base talc acts as a filler. Our talcs are ideal anti-stick and surface finishing agents in powdered foodstuffs, seasonings, confectionery, cheese and processed meats.
Luzenac G20F and Luzenac G40 talc grades
Luzenac G20F and Luzenac G40 grades are natural talcs that have been specially developed as food additives. They have a lamellar structure and are physically and chemically inert.
Luzenac Pharma grades
Luzenac Pharma in food is used as a surface finishing and powdering agent. Luzenac Pharma in pharmaceuticals is used as a glidant and anti-tack agent in coatings. It has a lamellar structure and is physically and chemically inert.
Our high-purity food-additive talc grades are sustainably sourced from high-quality minerals from Imerys owned mines in Europe. They are processed at our own facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
All our talc food grades:
- Are registered as food additives under European Regulation (EC) 1333/2008, E553b (Annex II)
- Comply with required purity criteria for talc set out in European Regulation (EU) 231/2012
- Comply with Food Chemicals Codex for talc
- Certified Kosher and Halal
- Do not contain food allergens
Process quality is guaranteed by:
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in place at all relevant sites
- HACCP in place at all relevant sites
- All sites certified ISO 9001:2015; Porte site, Italy, certified ISO 22000
More information on the Food Regulatory Package, Regulatory Package for Pharmaceutical Talcs and Kosher certificate is available from our download center.